EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL, PICUAL OLIVES FROM LATE HARVEST.
Harvested November 2018.
Bottled January 2019.
Best Before November 2020.
The flavour is médium intensity in bitter and médium intensity spicy, with tasting notes of fresh grass, apple and fig.
The picual variety is high in oleic acid (nutricional and healthy benefits), high in polyphenols (natural antioxidants), resistant to oxidation (long shelf life) and estable at high temperatures.
- Rich in oleic acid which helps reduce the levels of cholesterol in our blood.
- Pretty high in polyphenols, natural antioxidants, which help to prevent blood from oxidative damage.
- Source of vitamin E which has antioxidant qualities.
- It is proven that following a Mediterranean diet based in olive oil is associated with a reduced risk of death from heart disease and cancer, as well as a reduced incidence of Parkinson's and Alzheimer's diseases.
Advantages of cooking with it:
- This olive oil expands when heated, so it goes further than other oils.
- Stable at high temperatures without breaking down and losing any of its properties.
- You can use it for frying, it will créate a thin crust on the surface of the food that stops the food from soaking up too much olive oil, improves its flavor, and preserves its nutrients. The frying temperatures should be changed according to the food being cooked. Large items need to be fried at around 130°C-145°C, breaded or battered food is better fried at 160°C. Food which fries fast or is cut into small pieces can be fried at 180°C.
- It can be re-used up to 3 times. After cooling and filtering the olive oil to remove any leftovers in the pan, it can be re-used.
Store in cold, dry place out of direct sunlight.