EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
From Picual Ripe Olives
Harvested November 2019.
Bottled Feb 2020.
Best Before Feb 2022.
The flavour is médium intensity in bitter and médium intensity spicy, with tasting notes of fresh grass, apple and fig. For more information about the olive tree and the location click here.
The picual variety is high in oleic acid (nutricional and healthy benefits), high in polyphenols (natural antioxidants), resistant to oxidation (long shelf life) and estable at high temperatures.
Harvested on November 2018. This is the most important information the label is giving to you. Look for this date in every bottle you buy, this is telling you when the olives were cold pressed.
Bottled at the mill on January 2019. We bring small batches to Canada, this corresponds to the lastest one. We prefer to keep the olive oil in the big container at the mill until it is demanded in Canada. Leaving the olive oil at the big container reduces the oxigen exposure therefore it keeps the fruitiness of the olive oil for longer period.
Best Before August 2020.
This 500ml glass containers has an anti-drip dispenser and a non-refillable stopper, which guarantee the origin and the purity of the product at all times.
- Rich in oleic acid which helps reduce the levels of cholesterol in our blood.
- Pretty high in polyphenols, natural antioxidants, which help to prevent blood from oxidative damage.
- Source of vitamin E which has antioxidant qualities.
- It is proven that following a Mediterranean diet based in olive oil is associated with a reduced risk of death from heart disease and cancer, as well as a reduced incidence of Parkinson's and Alzheimer's diseases.
Advantages of cooking with it:
- This olive oil expands when heated, so it goes further than other oils.
- Stable at high temperatures without breaking down and losing any of its properties.
- You can use it for frying, it will créate a thin crust on the surface of the food that stops the food from soaking up too much olive oil, improves its flavor, and preserves its nutrients. The frying temperatures should be changed according to the food being cooked. Large items need to be fried at around 130°C-145°C, breaded or battered food is better fried at 160°C. Food which fries fast or is cut into small pieces can be fried at 180°C.
- It can be re-used up to 3 times. After cooling and filtering the olive oil to remove any leftovers in the pan, it can be re-used.
Store in cold, dry place out of direct sunlight.